As the heat rolls in this month, we’re thinking cool recipes. Raw recipes. And vegan!
We’d like to share with you one of our easiest seaweed recipes, featuring the wonderful, the inimitable, the super-tasty sea palm.
Sea Palm Pickles
- 1 cucumber cut into rounds
- 1 handful of sea palm, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon masala (your choice)
- 1 red chile [or sweet] pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water; enough to cover cucumber slices
Mix masala and apple cider vinegar, then toss with all the other ingredients. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator or 4-6 hours. Drain and serve.