As the heat rolls in this month, we’re thinking cool recipes. Raw recipes. And vegan!
We’d like to share with you one of our easiest seaweed recipes, featuring the wonderful, the inimitable, the super-tasty sea palm.
Sea Palm Pickles
- 1 cucumber cut into rounds
- 1 handful of sea palm, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon masala (your choice)
- 1 red chile [or sweet] pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water; enough to cover cucumber slices
Mix masala and apple cider vinegar, then toss with all the other ingredients. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator or 4-6 hours. Drain and serve.
Both our sea palm and our silky sea palm are on sale for the entire month of June!
Come join us!
If you’d like to learn more about sea palm and the other wild-harvested seaweeds we sustainably harvest from the Mendocino coast, we welcome you to join us for our June 27th or July 25th foraging expeditions.